MIAMI – Two exceptionally proficient Caribbean musicians, Michel Aubertin from St. Lucia and Stan Brown from the U.S. Virgin Islands, are poised to take the stage on the 2023 Caribbean Media Change (CMEx) Management Awards Luncheon and Fundraiser. The celebratory occasion might be hosted at Loews Coral Gables in Miami on Saturday, December 2, 2023.
Michel Aubertin, primarily based in New York, is a flexible singer and entertainer famend for his wide-ranging repertoire, which encompasses soca, reggae, jazz, and notably, opera. His charming performances have resonated all through the Caribbean, the US, and Europe, together with illustrious venues resembling London’s Royal Competition Corridor and the Saint Lucia Jazz & Arts Competition.
Aubertin has additionally enchanted cruise ship audiences, showcasing his expertise for a number of years aboard traces, together with Celeb Cruises, Royal Caribbean, and Cunard. His illustrious profession features a memorable efficiency on the Queen Mary 2 through the 2004 Olympics in Athens, and a notable contribution to the musical panorama of the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
Becoming a member of Aubertin to supply leisure on the fundraiser is the multi-talented Florida-based U.S. Virgin Islander Stan Brown of Tropical Sights. Hailing from the island of St. Thomas, Brown is widely known for his spectacular metal pan stylings, which, like Aubertin, span a various vary of genres. Over the many years, he has graced numerous tourism promotion occasions throughout the US on behalf of the U.S. Virgin Islands.
CMEx President Bevan Springer praised each Aubertin and Brown for his or her distinctive musical skills and their dedication to selling the historical past, tradition and appeal of their island houses in addition to the broader Caribbean area. “It’s an honor and a delight to have these two exceptional artistes bless us with their items and abilities, particularly as we give attention to celebrating Caribbean excellence in its many varieties,” he mentioned.
(CMEx) Management Awards Honorees
- Ewald Biemans, Proprietor & CEO, Bucuti & Tara Seashore Resort in Aruba;
- Rosa Harris, Director of Tourism, Cayman Islands;
- Stan Hartling, Proprietor and CEO, The Hartling Group in Turks and Caicos;
- Pleasure Jibrilu, CEO, Nassau Paradise Island Promotion Board;
- Nicola Madden-Greig, OD, President, Caribbean Lodge and Tourism Affiliation;
- Pat Montague, President/CEO, Pat Montague Advertising and marketing & Promotions;
- Beverly Nicholson-Doty, Chief Government Officer, Figment Design;
- Kevin O’Reggio, Strategic Account Director, Wyndham Accommodations & Resorts, Inc;
- Michele Paige, CEO, Florida-Caribbean Cruise Affiliation;
- Dona Regis-Prosper, Secretary-Basic & CEO, Caribbean Tourism Group;
- Julian Rogers, MBE, Founder, MEDIAROGERS GROUP
CMEx is devoted to enhancing the capability of the media, authorities, the journey and tourism trade, and native communities to make sure that the individuals and the atmosphere of the Caribbean area reap the advantages of the important tourism trade. Furthermore, CMEx extends its help to each Caribbean and American communities via the sharing of experience, monetary contributions, and in-kind help.
The 2023 CMEx Management Awards Luncheon and Fundraiser, to be hosted by Caribbean-American media maven and vocal powerhouse Vanessa James, is sponsored and supported by the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism, Investments and Aviation; Market Excellence Company; Munaluchi Bridal; Rodman Suppose Branding; St. Kitts Tourism Authority; Tropical Sights Leisure Group Inc.; U.S. Virgin Islands Division of Tourism; and Vanessa James Media.
Accommodations and Resorts for Stay Public sale
The next accommodations and resorts have contributed to the dwell journey public sale, which can elevate funds for instructional initiatives dedicated to empowering the area’s youth and tourism professionals:
- Atlantis Paradise Island, Bahamas
- Bay Gardens Resorts, St. Lucia
- Calabash Cove Resort & Spa, St. Lucia
- Coco Palm, St. Lucia
- Consolation Suites Paradise Island, Bahamas
- Fond Doux Eco Resort, St. Lucia
- Goldwynn Resort & Residences, Bahamas
- Ladera Resort, St. Lucia
- Mount Cinnamon Lodge & Seashore Membership, Grenada
- Park Hyatt St. Kitts Christophe Harbour, St. Kitts
- Sailrock South Caicos, Turks and Caicos
- Spice Island Seashore Resort, Grenada
- The Buccaneer Seashore & Golf Resort, St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands
- The Hamilton Seashore Villas & Spa, Nevis
- The Westin Seashore Resort & Spa at Frenchman’s Reef, St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
- The Westin Puntacana Resort & Membership, Dominican Republic
- Tortuga Bay Puntacana Resort & Membership, Dominican Republic