BRIDGETOWN, Barbados – Afrobeats celebrity, Ayra Starr, introduced by way of social media that she might be bringing her World Tour to Barbados for the extremely anticipated Barbados Meals and Rum Pageant this October. It’s the solely Caribbean island featured on the tour schedule.
The Nigerian performer, who has taken the world by storm along with her hit songs ‘Rush’, ‘Bloody Samaritan’ and others, just lately celebrated her birthday with mates in Barbados. Now she is returning to take the stage on the island’s well-known Pageant which runs from October 19-22, 2023.
Posting the tour schedule on her Instagram profile, Ayra Starr acknowledged “It’s my first headline tourrrrr!!! (sic) I’ve been touring world wide, opening for different artists, opening phases at festivals, now it’s an Ayra Starr present!”
Meals, rum and vibes
Ayra Starr will carry out at Liquid Gold Feast, the purple carpet finale of the Barbados Meals and Rum Pageant, which takes place on Sunday, October 22. She is going to carry out alongside different high native acts for an unforgettable musical and cultural show to finish the Pageant in type.
Director of Public Relations and Communications for the Barbados Tourism Advertising and marketing Inc. (BTMI), Aprille Thomas, mentioned that the inclusion of a global star performer was a strategic transfer to raise the 12-year-old Pageant. “Ayra Starr is one in all afrobeats’ main stars and having her add the Barbados Meals and Rum Pageant to her World Tour, alerts to the world that Barbados is working at a excessive commonplace. We’re already generally known as the culinary capital of the Caribbean and the birthplace of rum, and now we’re specializing in taking it a step additional, by infusing high worldwide musical influences with our personal native and regional expertise.”
Thomas added that the Pageant weekend guarantees good meals, rum and vibes with a spread of actions for each urge for food.
The total schedule of actions from October 19-22 contains seven signature occasions:
1. Oistins Below the Stars (Thursday, October nineteenth)– A barbeque which fuses Bajan delicacies and native leisure.
2. Chef Classics (Friday, October twentieth) – Intimate cooking demos with world-renowned cooks Anne Burrell of the USA, Shelina Permalloo of the UK and Juan Diego Vanegas of Colombia.
3. Rum Route (Friday, October twentieth) – A novel expertise to study extra about Barbados’ rum heritage in a shifting social gathering bus.
4. Rise & Rum: Breakfast Occasion (Saturday, October twenty first) – The premium all-inclusive breakfast dawn seashore social gathering.
5. Bajan Honest (Saturday, October twenty first) – A brand new family-friendly occasion crammed with continuous enjoyable and laughter.
6. Junior Chef Prepare dinner-Off Competitors (Saturday, October twenty first) – Essentially the most anticipated culinary showdown of high native aspiring cooks ages 16-21.
7. Liquid Gold Feast (Sunday, October twenty second ) – An extremely premium all-inclusive gala that includes the most effective native and worldwide leisure, delectable meals and beautiful cocktails.
Liquid Gold Feast that includes Ayra Starr
Other than the vocal stylings of Ayra Starr, patrons at Liquid Gold Feast will benefit from the delights of six award-winning Barbadian cooks and 5 mixologists who will serve up a luxurious feast of a wide range of native dishes paired with scrumptious rum cocktails.
Tickets for the Barbados Meals and Rum Pageant can be found at www.foodandrum.com
We’re a workforce from varied Caribbean Islands, offering data and information for the Caribbean-American neighborhood in South Florida and past.